Powered By Blogger

Friday 24 June 2011

#Glastonbury

It's Glastonbury weekend 2011. I went three years in a row during the 90's and each time was a different experience.




I worked for my ticket in Year One, getting up at silly o' clock and helping to clear the previous nights' rubbish. Forever will the smell of warm cider and beer invoke nostalgic feelings of my first time. I was also fed and watered.

There's nothing I like more than a lie-in, so I paid for a ticket for Year Two. This was the year everybody lived in my tent, I discovered the simple pleasures of going commando and spent my time dining on warm, freshly made doughnuts.

By Year Three, high ticket prices meant that I had no option but to jump the fence. I spent far too much time off my face and ended up burning my jeans to stay warm and eating food the stall holders legally had to dispose of.

High points and low, each year was equally enjoyable. I'd love to go again. You know what, I'll make a promise to myself, to return to Glastonbury. Wanna come?




Footnote:
There was also a HUGE amount of music going on just about everywhere. One of the more curious discoveries was the two stalls playing Drum N Bass and Jimi Hendrix next to each other(!)




1 comment:

  1. My festival of choice was OzzFest, memories of only being able to buy pints of cider coupled with dodgy portaloos hehe. Got stranded at MK Bowl the 2nd year I went, frantic cries of "going to London? Anyone?" lol.
    Back at MK Bowl next saturday to see Foo Fighters, I expect that ill bring back lots of memories of the 90's for me :)

    ReplyDelete